Voted #1 Summer Dessert -
Updated: Jul 11, 2020
The best way to enjoy a summer evening on your patio or ours is with a dessert from our back bistro bakery & a great glass of wine. We have included our famous crisp recipe! If your kitchen is too hot to cook or bake, just give us a call 570.523.8088 https://www.elizabethsbistro.com/takeout We are so honored to recieve the Wine Spectarors Award of Excellents for 2020 & inturn we are offering 20% off all togo bottles of wine. https://www.elizabethsbistro.com/wine-menu
Elizabeth’s Summer Stone Fruit Crisp
· Makes 8 individual crisps
· Spray 8 - 8oz ramekins
· Preheat oven to 350F.
Oat Topping Mixture.
3 cups oats
3 cups flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
8 oz. butter chilled & cubed
1 t Kosher salt
· Place all ingredients in mixer to a coarse crumb.
· Set aside and use to top crisps.
· Refrigerate left over topping.
10 local ripe peaches or 15 plums-peel & cut 1” cubes
4 oz. of butter cubed
1 cup sugar
Mix ingredients together
Dry Filling Ingredients
1/4 cup corn starch
1 teaspoon of kosher salt
1 lemon, worth of juice
· Mix dry ingredients together and then mix dry ingredients into stone fruit filling .
· Spoon evenly into prepared bowls
· Top with 1/3 to 1/2 cup of oat topping mixture.
· Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, the juice of the fruit filling should bubble.
· Top warm with ice cream and caramel sauce.
Serve with a very chilled sauterne wine!