Recipes For A Winter Day
Updated: Apr 10
A Cozy Winter Dessert Recipe
We have an amazing winter dessert recipe that you can make right at home! We love our customers coming in to our restaurant but we also love sharing our some of our simple but excellent recipes for you to use at home!
BANANA CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING RECIPE
Make 16 servings Oven to 325.
½ Sheet Banana Bread/Cake = 8 cups
Large casserole 2 - 5 qt or large baking dish
Cut in to cubes and toasted (in oven). Set aside to cool.
2 Cup Heavy Cream
3 Cup Milk
· Mix together in a pot and scold over low heat. Set aside
1 cups of chocolate chips
· Stir chocolate chips into warm milk
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1/4 Cup Bourbon
· Whisk yolks, sugar and flavoring ingredients together.
· Temper warm chocolate cream-milk into yolk and sugar mixture, whisking the whole time.
· Fold in banana cake to chocolate cream & egg mixture and let soak for 15 minutes.
· Grease a large casserole dish and fill to rim with bread pudding mixture.
· Place casserole dish in water bath.
· Place foil over water bath pan, seal loosely around casserole dish.
· Bake at 325 F for 45 minutes, (remove foil for last 10-15 minutes, tops of bread pudding brown slightly) until the internal temperature is 180 F.
· Remove casserole dish from water bath and cool on rack.
· Serve with vanilla bean ice cream, caramelized bananas, caramel & chocolate sauce or refrigerate.