Cozy Recipe for a winter day
BANANA CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING
Make 16 servings Oven to 325.
½ Sheet Banana Bread/Cake = 8 cups
Large casserole 2 - 5 qt or large baking dish
Cut in to cubes and toasted (in oven). Set aside to cool.
2 Cup Heavy Cream
3 Cup Milk
· Mix together in a pot and scold over low heat. Set aside
1 cups of chocolate chips
· Stir chocolate chips into warm milk
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1/4 Cup Bourbon
· Whisk yolks, sugar and flavoring ingredients together.
· Temper warm chocolate cream-milk into yolk and sugar mixture, whisking the whole time.
· Fold in banana cake to chocolate cream & egg mixture and let soak for 15 minutes.
· Grease a large casserole dish and fill to rim with bread pudding mixture.
· Place casserole dish in water bath.
· Place foil over water bath pan, seal loosely around casserole dish.
· Bake at 325 F for 45 minutes, (remove foil for last 10-15 minutes, tops of bread pudding brown slightly) until the internal temperature is 180 F.
· Remove casserole dish from water bath and cool on rack.
· Serve with vanilla bean ice cream, caramelized bananas, caramel & chocolate sauce or refrigerate.