Recipes For a Winter Day
Updated: Apr 10
A Cozy Winter Dinner Recipe
We have an amazing winter dinner recipe that you can make right at home! We love our customers coming in to our restaurant but we also love sharing our some of our simple but excellent recipes for you to use at home! Join us on our blog as we share some of Elizabeth's favorite menus items & fun stories of the last 22 years! Enjoy...
Winter Mushroom Bisque Recipe
6 qts Button Mushrooms- rinsed well
1 ½ cups onion, diced
2 cups celery, diced
3 cloves garlic, sliced
1 cup white wine
salt and pepper to taste
1 or 2 pinches Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
2 sprigs Thyme, fresh
5 c Cups Vegetable Stock
3-4 cups of Heavy Cream
½ cup rice- for thickening (optional)
1. In a pot heat oil. Add onions and allow to cook until they just start turning a light brown, then add garlic and celery and cook until tender- a pinch or 2 each of salt and pepper & crushed pepper flakes
2. Pour in wine to deglaze
3. Add in the mushrooms and stir every few minutes until they start to cook
4. Add the vegetable stock, thyme sprigs and rice. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook about 15 minutes to make sure all vegetables are cooked
5. Add 3 cups of the heavy creamy, reserve 1cup, allow to come back to a simmer and add a little salt and pepper.
6. Leave cool slightly and puree in small batches in blender until smooth. Once all pureed you can adjust consistency if to thick add the reserved cream. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.